ACADEMY OF ARTS CHRISTIAN CONSERVATORY:
- Associate’s in Sacred Dramatic Production
- Bachelor’s in Sacred Dramatic Production
- Associate’s in Film and Media
- Bachelor’s in Film and Media
- During the two-year program, a student can earn up to 90 college credits.
- The first year will focus on all the general aspects of theatre, film, and ministry and they will be encouraged to participate and learn from various departments.
- At the end of the first year, they will choose a specific focus/department where they will employ most of their time during their second year.
- For the graduation requirements, all students will work together to produce a recital at the end of the year where each Student will perform a reading, be involved in an acting scene, or sing a solo as their Associate’s project.
- During the three-year program, a student can earn up to 100 credits.
- The first year will focus on all the general aspects of theatre, film, and ministry, and they will be encouraged to participate and learn from various departments.
- At the end of the first year, they will choose a specific focus/department where they will employ most of their time during their second and third year.
- For the graduation requirements, each student will work either individually or participate in a larger project to complete a Bachelor’s project in their specified area of study.
If pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, students are strongly encouraged to complete their general education courses before they enter the Conservatory program.
General Education Courses Required
(CLEP or Transfer of Credit)
Composition and Literature………….….3 credits
College Math or Science Elective……….3 credits
History/Social Sciences……………..…..6 credits
Foreign (Secondary) Language…………3 credits
Each semester, students will attend a series of “block classes” where a teacher will have a few hours each day for up to three weeks to instruct in the basic techniques of their department. This allows our Conservatory students to lay a groundwork for their “hands on learning” throughout the school year.
- Acting & Directing
- Costume Design & Construction
- Set Design & Construction
- Stage Make Up
- Attending classes when scheduled and completing homework in a timely manner
- Working on production preparation
- Rehearsing for the production as cast and/or crew
- Being assigned to a crew and working in that department (costumes, makeup, stage construction, marketing and promotions, graphic design, stage lighting, office assistant, film and media assistant, etc.)
- *A Student may request to work in a certain department of their interest, but the assignment of each student will be made depending on the overall needs of the ministry at that time.
- Cleaning before or after a production
- Performing in plays or concerts in the theatre
- Helping and assisting with the projects outside of the Theatre in which the Academy is involved
- Bible Club (Sunday Afternoons)
- Assisting local churches with their cantatas (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Other responsibilities may arise with the unique aspects of our performing arts ministry, and each Student should be ready to help in whatever way is needed.
- Monday – OFF (With the exception for production times when extra rehearsal or preparation is needed)
- Chapel each morning where students will be taught Biblical truth and doctrine
- English class which will include grammar and professional writing etiquette (twice a week)
- Weekly Bible Memory quiz given after chapel on Friday
- Classes will be scheduled in block format throughout the year during non-production months
The rest of the day, each student will be assigned to help in whatever department they are needed depending on the needs of the ministry.